Social Commerce: The New Way to Sell More
If you’re an entrepreneur or marketer, or just someone who likes to keep up with the latest trends in digital marketing, then you know that social commerce is growing at a rapid pace. Social commerce is a term used to describe a sale in which a buyer makes a purchase through social media. The idea behind social commerce is simple: it's an effort to maximize the potential of social media platforms for online businesses. Social commerce is a process of buying or selling products via social networks. It can be done through email, tweets, chatbots, social media posts, instant messaging apps and other digital channels. The motivation behind the move towards social commerce stems from the fact that consumers are spending more time on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other networks than they have in previous years. This behaviour presents an opportunity for brands that can successfully reach out to their audience via these channels. Social Commerce is not defined by a set of technologies or capabilities, but by the consumer expectation that they can discover, purchase and consume products across social media channels. Businesses and marketers can no longer afford to overlook social commerce as a viable customer acquisition channel.
Social commerce is an exciting way to grow your business. It’s a new frontier that allows you to be creative, connect with your customers in a new way and create a meaningful connection between the consumer and the brand. Here are few tips for you to grow your business using social commerce:
1. Know your audiences: Your readers are people. They have needs and desires just like you do. That’s why it’s important to understand who your customers are, what they want from you and how you can deliver to them. Being able to target the right audience is a key success factor for any business, and it’s probably one of the most important factors in social commerce. If you know who you are trying to reach, then it will be much easier for you to decide which social networks best fit your needs.
2. Choose the right platform: The most important step for setting up social commerce is to select the right social media platform to showcase and promote your products. The best way to pick the social network for your business is by considering your target audience and how they prefer to connect with brands online. For example, if you’re targeting millennials, then Instagram is probably a good platform for you because it skews younger than Facebook or Twitter. The right social media platform depends on the type of business you run and your target audience. Choose it wisely!
3. Create a customised shopping experience: Creating a customised social media shopping experience is a great way to keep your customers glued to your brand. This gives the audiences a feeling of content and connection to the brand. Creating a customised social commerce experience could include a custom landing page with a collection of products that match what your customer is looking for or adding an one click checkout without any further steps required by them. To give shoppers a better experience, you can create customised content on Instagram and Facebook that will highlight special offers, provide helpful information, and build trust by displaying customer reviews. All of this will ultimately drive customers to your site and increase sales for your business.
4. Develop a visual social storefront: The best way to get a customer to buy something from your brand is to have them see it. By creating a visual social storefront, you can display your products and services, and customers can purchase directly from the post. Setting up a social media storefront drive up to 2x as much engagement.
5. Experiment with chatbots and ‘chat commerce’: Chatbots are emerging as a platform for businesses to market their products and services directly to consumers through instant messaging apps such as WeChat, Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp etc Imagine that! You can do all your shopping without having to visit any website! Chat commerce, or ‘conversational commerce’, is another way to use chatbots to increase sales. It’s the idea of having aconversation with your users on any channel (web, mobile app etc.) and closing a sale as part of that conversation.
Collaborate with influencers to boost credibility: We’ve all heard the saying, “no one wants to buy from a stranger”. That’s where influencer marketing comes in, and why it’s so important to use this method of content marketing to boost blog traffic. Influencers have built up credibility through years of experience. In most cases, influencers have gained their status because they have built up trust with their audience over the years. Collaborating with influencers is a great way to quickly boost credibility and generate a lot of social media traffic. which means you can trust what they say.
However, with the growth of social commerce, businesses are now embracing this new way to sell. They can drive traffic to their site through various social media platforms and then convert them into sales by encouraging visitors to buy directly from their Facebook page or Twitter feed. Social commerce is a trend that's here to stay, and if you don't start using it now, your business could fall behind. In this article, we've explained how social commerce works as well for the benefit of your business.
If you have any questions about social commerce or would like to learn more about our services, please reach us here.